On a loose leaf sheet of paper - scrawled & crossed out in ink...
CAIRO - GRADE 1
WHY I WANT TO HOMESCHOOL
- Focus on relationships: God, mom & dad, siblings.
- Work on character - work ethic, consistency, perseverance.
- Work on learning - knowing what she knows (& doesn't) so i can help.
-it's my responsibility to teach Cai these things & i believe homeschooling will force me to deal with these things that would be easy to ignore were she in PS.
- i have the ability to teach Cai all she needs to know academically for grade 1.
- This home... is a safe, nurturing, God centered place that will encourage Cai's emotional, physical, spiritual & mental growth.
MY VISION FOR CAI
- first and foremost - to teach her to cling to her Heavenly Father & develop her relationship with Him.
- a LEADER for my other children, encouraging KINDNESS to each other & OBEDIENCE to authority.
- i want her to learn what her mom & dad believe & our perspective on the world first hand - not the world's perspective & *then* ours defending our position - a firm grounding in scripture & Christian worldview.
- obedience, respect, kindness - Christlike actions (acts of kindness).
- inner beauty - outer ladylike.
- i want to teach Cai to hunger for knowledge & to learn how to find answers. Hunger for *good* books & have fun learning.
- the routine of chores, school, good use of free time & service to others.
- learn to read short books independently & write complete sentences.
- Basic math - count by 2 to 100, count by 5 to 100. Add & subtract to 100. Learn 1/2, 1/4, 1/3. Learn to tell time to 5 minutes.
- Memorize 1 verse/week.
- Learn to swim.
- Learn the C scale, I, IV & V chords; play & sing 3 songs by June.
- i want to read together books beyond her reading ability.
- do science experiments & learn the "whys" together.
- learn history together & how it relates to today & what we believe.
- daily prayer & devotional time.