Friday, August 20, 2010

found part 2

Another piece of paper that i have *zero* recollection of... contained 8 questions. i'd probably answer differently now for some of them... but these are the answers i found - likely from 8 or so years ago...
What would your answers be? (My today answers are in italics)

1. What accomplishments must, in your opinion, occur during your lifetime so that you will consider your life to have been satisfying and well lived - a life of few or no regrets?
My response: i'm not sure such a list exists.
(i still think this...)

2. If there were a secret passion in your life, what would it be?
(i left this one blank & i still have a hard time answering. "Secret passion?" i dunno - i love finding outlets for creativity. i love my littles & my job. i adore my husband & am passionate about family & marriage. i love Jesus most of all... None of that's a secret :))

3. What do you consider your role to be in your home? In your church? In your community? In the world?
My response: In my home - i provide comfort & i take care of "my people". In my church, i think i'm supposed to help people really worship - in my community & the world, i want to be a light.
(i guess my response to this question would be longer now - taking into consideration the bible's guidelines for wives, mothers, daughters, older women... i see more value in my contribution to the world through my role in my home & i would expand on all that role requires of me).

4. If you could devote your life to serving others - and still have the money and lifestyle you need - would you do it? How would it look?
My response: i would love to do that *with neil* - going where the harvest was ripe & be an overseas missionary.
(Right now - i feel like i am devoting my life to serving others. We do have enough money that i can be at home. Yes... YES i would do it!! - & this is exactly how it would look...)

5. If you trusted someone enough to tell him or her how to manage you most effectively, what tips would you give?
My response: kindness.
(Some things don't change...)

6. If you had a five-year goal & you had the continuing support of those who could make it happen, what would that goal be?
My response - (& maybe i was really tired that day... who knows...): survival.
(i have grander plans now... i want to become more like Jesus - i want my instincts to be His... Wherever He leads me in the next 5 years - that's where i wanna be - & i wanna be doing what i'm doing for Him.)

7. What's missing in YOUR life? What would make your life more fulfilling?
My response: outlet for songs i write. & i miss my family.
(This answer makes me pause... because i wonder... - what if God is doing that - keeping those things from me - for His purposes in my life? Then, i want Him to keep them from me... so - i guess i'll be scarily honest here & tell you that for this question i would answer a little differently now.
You know what else i would love? Unity with Neil on the whole 'baby' issue. That would be amazing... But, Father? If you would rather keep that from me too - that's ok.)

8. Describe the most useful & empowering aspects of your relationship with God.
My response: that there's so much to learn - & He's gracious enough to teach me. That God is in control & that's peace to know. i do the best i can, but He's in the drivers seat.
(i think my answer has simplified a little... i can sum it up like this... My Father loves me. Amazing.)

2 comments:

fawne said...

paige that's so interesting. what a neat "find." isn't it encouraging to be able to see how you're grown and matured and learned to enjoy His love. i love these last two posts.

mamazee said...

i love #7 - those are my two big sadnesses too right now. That and a lack of Christian fellowship. Kali had a good question for me when i was at her house this summer - do i have anyone to have "faith conversations" with? no, not really. and i regret that. but i do have you guys, far flung as you are...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist