Friday, December 4, 2009

yorkton & mayfair

If either of those words came up in casual conversation - i'd probably be able to keep you from noticing that my heart skipped a beat...
But both of those words are like a time warp for me -
Both pull me, reeling into the past.
Yorkton - to that ultrasound table with a wand on my belly & my son's form on a black and white screen... my husband's hands covering my mouth, muffling the sobs that could not be silenced...
Mayfair - to another ultrasound... & though my husband was on an airplane flying home to me, i never felt alone - i could feel His presence pressing in so thick i could almost breathe Him in as i saw another wee one - still.
There are probably more words, dates, smells & numbers that bring back different memories - different images that have been stored in my mind - ready to be awakened when the right key turns in the right lock...
i'm grateful for memories - even painful ones that make me cry -
They remind me where i've been - & Whose child i am...
& Who holds me still...

4 comments:

Jen said...

Beautifully written.
And my heart agrees.

Lori-Dawn said...

what Jen said...

Lisa said...

*hug*

Melissa said...

indeed... beautiful. You may not feel strong at times, but the strength of your character and your faith is evident... a blessing.

*hugs*
M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist