Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Number...

Yes.
When baby comes, we will have 7 little ones in our home.
No.
i don't know if we'll ever have anymore.
Yes.
i would gladly take another little one into my heart, home & arms.
No.
it's not just up to me.
Yes.
Seven is a big number.
No.
It's not too big.
Yes.
i'm sure grateful
No.
i'm not crazy.
Yes.
God has used motherhood to transform me.
No.
He's not finished with me yet.
Yes.
i wish that birth control did not exist & that the cultural norm was the attitude that, children are a blessing.
No.
i can't change minds or hearts...
Yes.
Mine has been changed.
No.
i'll never be the same.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Love ya! I'm glad you'll have seven. I love having a friend with lots of littles...

Lisa said...

hehe. This is a cute post Paige :) You are so blessed!

Mindy said...

Blessings, yes! I enjoyed this post...but it makes me sad, how society views children as being such a bother.

Lori-Dawn said...

I LOVE this post!!! Very well said!

D said...

Oh Paige, I wish you could hang out with me more often in the circles I run in where 7 is 'average'! You would love the counter-cultural view and stories of big families (10+)

Melissa said...

Excellent post, Paige!

You missed one, though - one that I am already getting, when I tell people that I'm not ready to decide to be 'done' (as if I could ever really decide that):

Yes.
I do know what causes it.

Andrea Leder said...

hmmmm, goosebumps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist