Thursday, December 10, 2009

fiddle faddle

Yup, i had a house full... 18 people sleeping under our roof the past 2 nights & 16 the night before that...
so... this morning, what was i doing sneaking away to find a tub full of hot water & epsom salts?
i was doing just what i said i was gonna do. Find the quiet moments to fall into my weakness & enjoy these last weeks of pregnancy.
i watched little bones & wiggly baby parts make my belly ripple like the ocean...
i closed my eyes & melted into the warm water - easing deeper - letting go of all the little things that make my heart uptight... & letting the water wash over me, comforting and preparing me to face the rest of the day with peace.
Tomorrow, the recitals & concerts will all be over.....
Tomorrow, the last of our beautiful company will take flight...
Tomorrow, Neil will finish up his work week...
Tomorrow, i will begin the work of putting my house back to normal...
But, today - i choose to embrace *today* with gratitude & joy.
& Baby, your little presence - slowing me down, taking my breath away, stretching within my body... You're making it easy to be happy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist