Friday, September 2, 2011

night nursings

And in a break from my recent heavier posts, i make this light offering:

Ephraim is 18 months old. 
He's still nursing. 
The other night, Neil & i were in bed with our two little boys.  i was playing scrabble on my phone & Neil was watching sports... we were trying to be boring so that the boys would go to sleep.  Suddenly, Ephraim sat up between us.  i glanced over at him, but he wasn't looking at me, he was staring at his shirtless daddy.  After a moment of pondering, he spat out his soother and reached over to latch on.  Neil swatted him away, and Ephraim nonchalantly picked up his soother and resumed sucking. 
Needless to say, Neil & i are both feeling a little self conscious about our bodies now. 

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I've heard that men *can* lactate... but the hair would probably make it difficult for Baby to get a proper latch.

Funny, funny Ephraim. :)

Jen said...

Bahaha!
I think there is a Seinfeld episode about that...the invention of the "bro" or "manssiere"....
;)
And don't worry P, I think there are many momma's (me included) who need a little "pick-me-up" after having babies...heehee

stephanie said...

Too cute! My 3 y/o is still a frequent nurser too!

lola said...

hahaha. That just completely cracked me up.

For some reason it reminds me of a funny rite of passage our kids go through. Mark has a really gross huge mole on his collar bone. It's sorta crumbly and cracked. As soon as our babies have been about 6 or 7 months and they get those cute little inch worm pointer fingers that pick at everything, Mark wakes up to having his mole picked off. It always grows back just as gross. Now we laugh... I guess it's too tempting. I'm not sure why I told you that gross story but it just reminded me of hanging out in bed with my babies.

Sara L said...

haha! Oh that makes me laugh!!

Andrea said...

this one kept me smiling all day. So funny!

mamazee said...

LOL! Travis always tries to trick them, saying he has "chocolate numnums..." Poor babies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist