Friday, April 9, 2010

same ol'


so - after waiting 3 hours in the waiting room...
i did not get a new cast yesterday...
Nope.
He wanted to get me assessed by an orthopedic surgeon...
(Maybe this is part of what i prayed for yesterday....?)
It's an inconvenience, yes...
& boy was i ever looking forward to scratching my leg...
but it's a part of life - & i'm sure that i'll be glad to have that assessment & make sure that all is healing as it should.
In the midst of being absorbed in this one tiny body part...
i find it almost humourous -
i'm sick of blogging about it... (surely anyone who reads my blog is sick of reading about it! Sorry 'bout that!) & i think,
Surely, Father - You must have better things for me to do than to wait in waiting rooms, asking sweet friends who *also* have better things to do - to drive me around. Surely Father, you want me making a comfortable nest at home for my husband - not phoning him at work to remind him of yet another job that i am unable to do.... Surely it would be best if Ephraim's routine were not so disrupted and if my other children weren't left so much lately to their own devices. Maybe you need me to play a beautiful song for you? i'd sure love to do that... - or write a pretty blogpost that will inspire my children, should they choose to read this all someday... no? You want me here? Well then, take my heart and make it beautiful in Your eyes. Take my desire to serve my family & use it for Your Kingdom. Replace the songs i would have sung and the words i would have written - with songs and words that glorify You in this new humbled state.

In other news, my baby saw fit to give me 9 straight hours of sleep on Wednesday night. i love that smiley little guy. It's amazing how different babies will be...
i'm sure grateful for such an easygoing little person. His fussy times are few & far between - his smiley times are generous and frequent & he likes to sleep in nice long stretches.
i may just have hit the jackpot.
There is so much to be grateful for... it would be a great sadness to ignore it.


1 comment:

Tristy said...

((((HUGS))) Paige.....I sure do like that outfit that Ephraim is wearing....wonder what proud Auntie sent it to him? ;-) So cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist