Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How are you feeling?

Baby Ephraim & i had our two week follow up midwife appointment.
Did i have any questions or concerns? Is my body recovering sufficiently? Is baby growing normally? How is breastfeeding? Will i be requiring birthcontrol? (ha)
& then she turned & looked pointedly at me & said, "& how are you *feeling*"
"i'm so... happy." i smiled... breathing in my baby's fresh smell & holding his tiny boneless body in my arms.
Yeh, i'm tired, my husband's away all week on business, my body's a little achy...
but i look at my small son -
& my other 6 beautiful jewels -
& who could feel anything but joy?

He's growing.
He's already 10lbs 4oz at 2 weeks.
i told him that's enough showing off, that he can slow down & enjoy his teenyness for a little longer.
He replied, "i'm hungry, mama."
*sigh*

2 comments:

Minerva said...

so sweet!

You need a new pic of "the boys" with baby Yum in it!

Lori-Dawn said...

I was thinking the same thing Minerva!! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist