Thursday, March 18, 2010

big girls don't cry...



except when they do.
& honestly?
They sometimes cry 'cause they fell and hurt themselves.
Especially if they're me.
i didn't even breathe a word that i was ready to lace my shoes again... but i was ready. i had my first run under my belt & was ready for my second...
Halfway through the run, i was killin' it. (For me... a month post partum...) & i thought, 'i'm gonna totally take at least 4 minutes off the time of my first run!!'
But no, i'm a huge klutz & i wiped out... yeh, hit both knees, both hands, an elbow & believe it or not, a shoulder. If you were the person driving past me, i don't blame you for not stopping... especially if it's cause you were laughing too hard.
If you know how much i hate doctors, then you'll know how much pain i had to have been in to go to the walk in clinic. i haven't been to the doctor in over 2 years. They sent me for x-rays & they don't think it's broken - but she said i can't walk for 2-3 weeks or exercise for 3-4 weeks. i have no idea how i'm gonna take care of the small fry - from the couch?... i can hardly walk - can't climb the stairs... maybe tomorrow will be better. It's hard to see the funky swelling & the bruising juuuuust beginning in the pic, but enjoy a small taste of my bitter disappointment.
*sob*
i guess exercise will have to wait another 3 weeks.
Hot.
Dang.

7 comments:

deborah said...

I am so amazed that you are up and running! Wow. I know I was still aching one month pp.

I hope you feel better quickly! :)

Melissa said...

My first thought is - OUCH!!!

My second thought is - what on earth are you doing running only 1 month post-partum? :)

My third thought is - poor you not being allowed to exercise... you can't WALK for 2-3 weeks?

Praying for quick healing for you!!

I can't believe that guy didn't stop. Did you trip on something? Ice?

Poor poor Paige...

Joy said...

Ouch!!!

Feel better!!
Praying for a swift recovery, in the meantime enjoy some couch time.

Carol said...

Ouch...poor you! This is going to be a tough time for you - hope help comes along and at least try to enjoy the pampering that I hope you receive!

Lisa said...

ouch!!
Take it easy Paige, and remember to take all the help you can get!!! And don't forget about those big helpers you have at home. *HUG*

Jen said...

OWIE!!! Must have really been quite the fall!
Do they cast a broken knee cap?
Praying for you!!!

P.S. As soon as I linked to your blog Kellan started to sway/dance to the Keith Green song :)

Mindy said...

Oh, no, Paige! How horrible. I hope have a quick recovery and that your kids step up and help a ton!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist