Friday, June 5, 2009

By the time you read this, i'll be gone.

i'm addicted to pre-posting my posts. Sometimes it's funny to me 'cause i'll read what i've posted for that day & i'm just not feelin' it anymore.
You're reading this on Friday... i'm writing it on Wednesday. By the time you read it, i'll be in Vancouver at the homeschool convention with my family.
Not my family, as in Neil & the posse... but my *birth* family, as in my mom & dad & sisters... and Gage.
's a rare opportunity for us to get together & i'm really looking forward to it. We will each bring our littlest ones - and hopefully get some encouragement for everything that our next homeschool year will bring.
i'm planning for my next year to look a lot like my this year. i'll be schooling children in grades 2, 4, 6 and 8 - & as well, i'll have my little Kindergartener (the plan is that she'll go to public K just like the others did) & then of course sweet boy. My plans are coming together in broad strokes, i'm starting to get some of the pieces together - & for the most part, we're just going to 'keep doing what we've been doing'.
i'm in a comfortable place in my homeschool journey. Comfortable, because we've simplified, set attainable goals, and also because 8 years in, the fruit that i'm seeing from the day to day marathon of homeschooling looks promising.
So, i'm gonna enjoy the summer break with my littles. i'm gonna make them run, bike, play, get dirty and tired and happy.
& then i'm gonna welcome the school year '09/'10 & keep on keeping on.

4 comments:

deborah said...

ah, Paige, you make it sound so easy!

Jen said...

Grade 8!?! Wow!
Hope you are having a great time in Vancouver with your fam! Hope Gagey behaves (and sleeps!!!) good for you!

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! Sounds like a good time will be had by all!

Melissa said...

Ha ha - you sneaky girl, you! :)

Usually a subject line such as yours is cause for concern, but you've been pre-posting before, so I'm onto your sneakiness!

I hope you're having a wonderfully refreshing time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist