Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

1. 40 Days for Life begins at the end of February... i want to go at least 10 times during the 40 days.  Wanna join me?  Check it out HERE or follow our blog HERE

2.  i need to be more intentional with some areas of our homeschool... This January, i hope to build on the good habits we've already formed & beef up our homeschool day just a little. 

3.  i'm not gonna quit bugging God about that whole, "unloved" thing... i had this dream - & i was walking, making my way along in a city?  the country?  through a town?  i was walking, walking... thinking to myself, "How'm i ever gonna get there?" (wherever "there" was...) when suddenly, WHOOOSH... i was picked up by something like a great cloud... It was so mighty and thick, that my face was squished right into it, and i couldn't see where or how i was carried to wherever it was i was going...

i'm hoping that my healing is something like that dream... where God picks me up & we cover a vast distance that i never could have navigated in my own strength... He's able.

There are some nameless, faceless ideas for resolutions too... i would like to run a bit this spring, i have an idea for nanowrimo that is a possibility, the sweetness of my marriage is on my mind - i'd like to be intentional about my relationship with my husband, neil is gonna be travelling a lot this year... i want to do this part of life *well* - even when it's hard...

i love the freshness of a new year - the opportunity to glance around, wake up a little, shake off the weariness, change direction, choose better....

The picture that i am carrying into the New Year is of soil being tilled and made ready.  Hosea 10:12 says, "Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes and showers his righteousness on you."  i like that... 'break up your unplowed ground..'  There's gonna be work this year - & i'm ready for it.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Inspiring! Two of our resolutions are actually the same:-) Shall be thinking of you as I endeavour to keep them.
Happy 2012!
Lx

stephanie said...

Happy New Year to you! I love your resolutions and I take great delight in each of your new blog posts!

I've *nominated* you as one of my favorite blogs and you can find it here:

www.homeschoolingmamaof4.blogspot.com

It's like a blog-train. You can find new blogs that are of interest to you! It's not a scam, just something fun that I thought I'd do!

Stephanie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist