Thursday, April 28, 2011

i get the point...

neil's not a reader. He reads sparingly - for information.
Recently, someone he respected lent him a book to read. He plowed through it, using time on flights to get everything out of it that he could.
When he got home, i asked him how he liked it & he said, "Do you know why i hate books?" & i said, "no - why?"
"Because they say their point, then figure out a million ways of saying the SAME thing... i get the message already."
i don't think all books are like that - but i have noticed that on occasion... my Father uses the same technique with me.
He'll bring a thought to my head - then reinforce it by making it the focus of the next devotional i'm reading - it'll come up in my conversations, or will be the topic for the sermon at church.
Sometimes i wanna say, "ok, i get it... now let's move on..."
He has been doing that for a couple of years now...

Hey, paige... guess what? People.... people matter to God.
Your Father? He loves people.
Do you know how much He loves people? He loves you too...
And children... they're pretty special people. And God? He loves children too.


There are variations on the theme - different ways of learning the same lesson - as it gets plowed into my mind... and hopefully my heart again and again.

2 comments:

lovefam6 said...

lol, Love this truth. I've said the same thing to God, "God, I get it.", and His response is 'No, not yet you don't. You hear me, but you don't get it.' I love that about Him too.

Even better, this is the confirmation that I prayed about last night, and it confirmed something else too.

My prayer is to experience the love He has not only for me, but for all His creation. I desire to love Him more.

Lori-Dawn said...

I love it, because I know that I'm never going to miss what our Father is trying to tell me...He'll repeat Himself as often as He needs to! Thanks for the reminder!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist