Thursday, April 7, 2011

eight

There are so many hurting people in this world.
i could probably just end this post with that stand alone thought, but i want to tell you one more thing.
This morning as we prayed, Sloanie prayed for something i'm sure she's heard me pray for countless times: softness.
"Father, help me to be soft..."
The thought stayed with me as i carried on my day.
Early on this frigid afternoon as my friend and i prayed outside that clinic, another young mama stood on the sidewalk beside us. She had a tiny sign made out of construction paper - and on it was handwritten, "Babies are precious gifts".
She held her rosary while her little sign flapped in the breeze.
i noticed - that she cried when the door opened and closed. Silent and tearful - kept on the other side of the street, longing - she told us - to run across the street, and hold those people in her arms. She felt so deeply - so badly -
so softly...
She laughed apologetically to us when we introduced ourselves, "i'm sorry, i didn't know i would be so deeply affected being here today. It's my first time coming here to pray..."
Oh God... There are so many hurting people in this world. Help me to be soft.

abortion: edmonton, calgary

1 comment:

Lori-Dawn said...

there are tears just reading this...this is a prayer I need to pray more...help me to be soft, Abba.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist