Friday, February 12, 2010

complaining is overrated... (stolen)

My friend wrote a post with this title & i loved the theme... so i'm stealing it. Anyone else wanna join in?
My husband did some annoying things...
He didn't hear gagey cry twice in the night...
He was a little cheeky when he said, "Oh, don't worry, hon, *i'll* clean the kitchen *all by myself*."
He was too busy to hang out with me after supper - & when i sat on his lap, he said, "My knees were never meant to bear this kind of weight..."
He woke me up from my first nap in months.

i love my husband because:
He appreciated me getting up in the night with Gagey - when he didn't even hear him.
He actually *did* clean up the kitchen all by himself...
He was too busy to hang with me because he was playing a game of crib with our oldest daughter - who needed her daddy...
He teases me & never lets me take myself too seriously.
When he woke me from my nap, it was to take me out for a hot drink & to try to buy the piece that is missing from my sewing machine.


So many times, the negative overshadows - the inconveniences are highlighted - the flaws pointed out. Underneath lie good intentions, loving actions and attempts at unity.

My marriage is so precious to me. i wanna be on the lookout for love.

*post script* - day 15 & no baby... i can't believe i'm typing that. If anyone is actually reading my blog, you are crazy to read the ramblings of a woman with the most *amazing* fluctuations in her hormones. i go from sky high to the "depths of despair" in the blink of an eye. i go from supreme comfort & patience & peace - to paralysing fear in a flash. i go from tears to anger to joy several times over the course of the day.

If you are still braving the crashing waves of my blog snippets - i like you. Lemme know you're there.

28 comments:

deborah said...

Aw, Paige you are way more upbeat then I would be at this stage!! :)

Anonymous said...

You are awesome :)

Lola said...

Hey, I'm still checking in every day (numerous times) I have an awful cold and haven't been sleeping at night so I've been thinking and praying for you and your wee one in between nose blowing sessions. Hold on, your almost there.

Kali Gillespie said...

I'm here...and hormone induced or not, your words are encouraging truths in the moments...I like that! Can't wait for post-partum :)

The Nieboer News said...

Great post Paige! It's way to easy to let the negative win!

Wishing you a sky high day full of supreme comfort & patience & peace & joy!

Lydia said...

praying for your's and baby's health as you hit this homestretch!

Lori-Dawn said...

Hugs!! I think your water will break in the middle of the ultrasound today...hehe
Keep us posted how everything goes!

Lisa said...

Great post Paige! I'm gonna take that with me and use it when I feel like complaining :)

Minerva said...

I'm here, sweetie! Love this!

Melissa said...

Oh honey.....

I'm here... reading.. waiting, praying...

And your day 15 post-script about the hormone fluctuations really resonates with me! I get it!

Lovely post, my dear!

Tristy said...

I'm here Paige.....but you already know that!
(((HUGS))) and much love....you are a strong and brave lady and the best mama ever!

Anonymous said...

I'm here with ya, Paige:)

Can't wait to meet this little one and see the dimension he/she adds to your family!! Stubborn little, beat ALL records(trying) sweetie...

Carlee

Joy said...

I'm here; reading, praying, and quietly anticipating the safe arrival of your newest little love.

Andrea said...

Reading every day and loving the reality that comes shining through on every post. You put words in a seemingly effortless way to what I don't even realize I am going through or needing to acknowledge. Bless you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Paige! You've encouraged/inspired me to be "on the lookout for love" :) I'm checking in every day too! Love, Love, LOVE your blog!!! You're doing an AMAZING job being YOU/Mama/Wifey!
Thoughts & Prayers... (can't wait)

Janna M.

Lesley said...

I have had Valentine's Day as a date for AGES...I bet I'm the closest!

Heidi Fehr said...

You are amazing! I love reading your blog...never noticed you had one before you started updating us so well on Facebook. It is so encouraging and makes me think I take life way too seriously at times!!! I love how somedays it makes me cry and somedays it makes me laugh! Especially todays bit about Neil's knees...made me laugh out loud!

Shari said...

I'm here and reading and waiting with you Paige. I've been keeping the boys up to date on your status as well.

Carol said...

I have been checking everyday thinking that this will surely be the day! I am thinking of you and will be interested to hear the BIG news, and in the meantime, I've been enjoying your posts as always.

unger6 said...

i'm checking in numerous times a day . . . waiting for the newest little to arrive . . . remembering 2 years ago, when we walked this road together :)
i'll still be here, checking faithfully - catching your words of wisdom, laughing at your tales of life - after your wee one comes. YOU play a role in my ME time EVERY day! i love your honesty & your REALness :)
hang in there sweetie - baby's coming soon!!!
Leah

Courtney said...

Aw! Love you and check all the time :) Just waiting!! Hang in there!!

Treasured Grace said...

I'm keep up to date on your baby news, and whatever else you want to share!
You still seem to be able to see through things that I don't. Thanks for the reminder of the negative overshadowing the positive! I def need to keep my eyes on the positive:)
Can't wait to hear more...

Jeff said...

I'm still reading Paige (I'm Mindy's husband) and I love your attitude. We're praying for you guys.

Mindy said...

I read your blog "religiously," Paige. :) I love hearing your thoughts, and seeing what you have to have to say.

Praying.

Mandy said...

Hey! I think it is so amazing that you can still look on the positive side (even if it is on and off) being 15 days over! You have an amazingly patient midwife!! YAHHH for patient midwives!!!!!!

Christine said...

Praying for you, dear friend!

Pohang Mom said...

Love this post, Paige, and your whole blog. :) I'm so glad you take the time to share your thoughts here. I'm reading daily and praying for your whole family, but especially for you and your wee babe.

Molly said...

You know I'm here! Reading every word. Come on baby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist