Friday, February 19, 2010

carry me

Walking to the bus stop.
Baby Yum is 3 days old...
He's snug in the moby wrap for his first ever walk on a February afternoon - tucked underneath my boiled wool poncho.
Charter is bounding ahead of me, throwing snowballs in the air and digging in the snowbanks.
Baby Gagey - my sweet 2 year old sunshine, who i can't stop calling baby - can't decide if he wants to walk or ride in the stroller.
i let him do both.
i'm taking a walk with my 3 sons.
Soaking it in...
We get to the bus stop & wait for little miss to arrive... & when she does, she's delighted with her entourage.
She chirps & cheeps & chatters my ear off part way home.
Gagey has decided he wants neither to walk or ride - so Charter is pushing the stroller & i'm carrying my 2 sweet babes.
Mollen turns to me in a careless fashion, "Mama, will you carry my backpack?"
But when she sees me, laden down, she says, "Oh, never mind... i forgot you have to carry those 2 babies... *and* those 2 big boobies too..."

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Paige...

I was basking in this post, thinking, "Awww, how sweet..."...

...and then "classic Mollen" chimes in with that part about the boobies. Oh dear.

I'm amazed that my own boys don't call them that yet. :)

Lola said...

hahahaha!

The Nieboer News said...

I love Mollen...she makes me laugh so easily (in a great way!)

Anonymous said...

Now that IS funny... out of the mouths of babes... someday she'll have her own boobies(and babies) to carry around!!!

Saskatchwan Cousin

Carol said...

Very cute!

You be careful carrying around the little big boy this soon after giving birth!

Lesley said...

How right she is...sometimes carrying those big ol' boobies around is more work than anything else!!!!

Alicia said...

Oh, gotta love Mollen! Too cute!! What a beautiful moment with your boys, though.

stephanie said...

Ah, I actually laughed out loud! How funny is she!

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Lori-Dawn said...

ROFL, seriously! Just when I think Mollen can't possibly say anything more absurd, she does!!! HAHAHA

Hillary said...

LOLOL! Paige, if I didn't know better sometimes I'd think you were making this stuff up! But I do know better. Lucky lady you are. :)

April said...

Priceless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist