Monday, January 16, 2012

Awards, Tags & all that jazz

Am i allowed to combine these things all in one post? They all ask for the same thing (only that versatile blogger award asks you to nominate FIFTEEN other blogs!!??) 'Um... no can do, pupcake'... as mollen would say.


The Liebster Blog is an award for bloggers with under 200 followers.  Kinda fun :)  i was nominated by Minerva over at Finding the Right Words. 


& i was nominated by Stephanie at Homeschool Mom of Four for the Versatile Blogger award.

Rules of the awards are:
Thank the person that nominated you with a link back to them.

Tell everyone seven things about yourself:

1. i can't do a cartwheel... i'm 35 & i'm worried that i'm running out of time to learn. 
2. i can out-eat neil. 
3. my love language is touch. 
4. i'm a people pleaser.
5. right now, God is teaching me some very specific lessons about love & prayer. 
6. i've always said i'm bad at friendships, but despite this... God has blessed me with some totally incredible ones in my life.  i'm so grateful. 
7. i am passionate about prolife issues - including abortion and euthanasia.

(8).  Cai told me the other day that her friends all say their highschools have drug problems.  Her response?  "The closest thing we've got to a drug problem is dad!"  i glance at her sideways... "Have you seen him pound the advil when he goes golfing?"  hehe. 
(9).  i wish i was different sometimes, 'cause i think life could be easier for Neil if i were a different girl. 
(10).  if i get to go out for supper, i will most likely choose earls.  i love Jeera chicken curry or the santa fe chicken salad. 
(11).  i wish i was good at presents & blessing people around me that way, but i'm not... i really, really stink at it. 

Pass this award on to *some* (obviously not 15 - wink) newly discovered blogs and let them know that they’ve received an award!

And then there was a little blog tagging thing going on over at Beauty in Weakness - & even though Fawne didn't say my name... she meant to.

1. You must post these rules.

2. Each per­son must post 11 things about them­selves on their blog. (ahem, i just did 7... i think i stink at rule following... i'll add more...)

3. Answer the ques­tions the tag­ger set for you in their post, and cre­ate 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer.

4. You have to choose 11 peo­ple to tag and link them on the post. (sorry pupcake...)

5. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.


The new questions:

1. What was one of the best moments of your life? 
Falling in love with Neil... i remember the feeling of just falling deeply, dangerously, completely in love... it has been magical. 

2. What is your favorite meal to make and why? 
i don't know if i have a favourite, but i love making a roast beef dinner because it reminds me of growing up... my mom would often make them on Sunday after church.  i love yorkshire pudding, carrots, gravy, mashed potatoes & biscuits or buns. 

3. If you could spend one hour with any person who has already passed away....who would it be and why? 
i have always thought i'd love to spend time with John the Baptist or Paul... Sounds pretentious to choose 2 bible characters, but i'm going to stay with my first instinct.  There is so much about the bible that i don't understand, i'd love to talk to someone who lived closer to The Event & gain some understanding. 

4. What is one thing you're afraid of? 
i'm afraid of being rejected... but on a less serious note (i think...) i'm really, irrationally afraid of mice.  So is Neil... so that's kind of funny.  Remind me to tell you the mouse story sometime. 

5. What is one skill that you wish you'd learned? 
i can't sew or do cartwheels or knit. 

6. Who is one person that has made a difference in your life?
 Neil has had a huge influence on me.  He's generous, calm, confident, honest... He's also stubborn, lacking in compassion and cynical.  He has driven me into the arms of Jesus more than any other human on the planet. 

7. What is your least favorite chore? 
Cleaning bathrooms. 

8. If you could change one thing in the world what would it be? 
i have started typing an answer about 4 times for this question and every time i have to change it 'cause i keep disagreeing with myself.  Check out Jen's response at Girl on the Prairies HERE, hers is pretty good.  & since she covered the basics, i'll tell you my recent pet peeve.  My littles are snuggly.  i love that.  But, recently - several of them have taken up the horrible habit of snuggling up in my arms & then letting loose the foulest stenches that exist on this planet.  It's horrible, eye watering stuff & it's got to stop.  Gage promised me with huge blue eyes that even though he likes dat smell, he won't do it while we're snuggling anymore.  He better not be messing with me. 

9. In your opinion are mornings or evenings best? 
i like mornings now... i don't like getting out of bed, but i like being up. 

10. What is one thing that really bothers you? 
Hm, should have saved #8's answer for this one.  i don't love irreconcilable differences.  They really bother me.  It's part of being a human that you will encounter them sometimes, & ya, i love diversity - but sometimes i wish it were easier to get people on the same page. 

11. If you had to go to Disneyland with someone who would you go with and why? 
My little ones.  They claim they don't want to go, but i think that's just 'cause they're smart & know that we can't afford a huge trip like that.  Disneyland wouldn't ever be top on our priority list because it seems so commercialized... but if we got to go for free, we'd rock that place out.

k, now for my 11 questions... if you choose to answer them, leave a comment so i can come see! 

1.  Why do you read blogs? 
2.  What physical characteristic do you find the most annoying on yourself? 
3.  What smells remind you most of "home". 
4.   Love birthdays or hate them?  Or kinda ambivalent?  Why? 
5.   Favourite song?
6.  What's your comfort food?
7.  Do you think birth order affects personality?   
8.  If you get to go out for a meal, what restaurant would you choose?
9.  What would you order there?
10.  Excessive noise or excessive mess?  What would make you crazy first?
11.  If you could magically do one perfect sweet thing for one person, who would you choose & why?

The only person i'm tagging is Cairo because she's awesome & actually wants to do this.  (& fyi, Cai - i'm nominating you also for both the awards i received.  You are cool.) 
Again, if you answer these questions on your blog, leave me a comment in the comments section so i can check them out ;) 

2 comments:

Jen said...

Since I already did a similar post, and cuz I like these things, I'll answer your new questions here :)
1) I think blogs are fascinating. Reading peoples thoughts, lives, ideas, creativity....lots of inspiration!
2) It's a cross between my acne scars, or vericose veins/spider veins.... :(
3) bread baking
4) I could go either way. I don't like huge over the top parties but a little something is fun
5) Long December - by Counting crows....my all time favorite
6) anything warm and homemade
7) I think i am pretty sold on the birth order thing. Obviously there are many other things that affect personality but I think it plays a part anyways. I have only glanced through the book but I'd like to read it more!
8) Japanese Village hands down. Cept there isn't one here :( Only in Victoria I think...
9) Oh man. They don't have what I REALLY would want (which would be steak, chicken AND shrimp together) but any of those 3 are AMAZING!!!
*sigh* I'm REALLY craving that now!!!
10) WHOA! AWESOME question!! Excessive mess is like excessive noise to me! But I think excessive noise is easier to get rid of ;)
11) I'd buy my husband an airplane. He is so deserving.

Lesley said...

1. Why do you read blogs?
Because I love to write and I love to read and I love meeting (even virtually) people who also love these things.
2. What physical characteristic do you find the most annoying on yourself?
Big boobs. Clothes just don't look right and I always look 'bigger' than I really am. (And bras for booby people are very unfairly expensive.)
3. What smells remind you most of "home".
Christmas trees, baking and eucalyptus
4. Love birthdays or hate them? Or kinda ambivalent? Why?
I love birthdays. I love any reason to celebrate my loved ones and it's a special opportunity to tell them, hey...I'm glad you were born! I also like celebrating my own birthday. I think growing old is a privilege and like to mark the occasion. Having said that, we don't do BIG birthdays. We're not over the top kinda folks.
5. Favourite song?
Oh, it is impossible to narrow that down. I need a genre to focus...
6. What's your comfort food?
As I am pregnant, all food is currently comfort food BUT I have a long standing love affair with nachos. Proper loaded nachos with all the dips. mmmmmm...getting hungry just thinking about it.
7. Do you think birth order affects personality?
I didn't believe this until I had children. Yes. Yes, I do.
8. If you get to go out for a meal, what restaurant would you choose?
Ah-hua....best Thai in Zurich.
9. What would you order there?
If I was feeling predictable: sweet and sour something or green curry. If I was feeling frisky: that awesome looking fish dish (head included) that looks and smells amazing but I have never dared to try.
10. Excessive noise or excessive mess? What would make you crazy first?
Mess.
11. If you could magically do one perfect sweet thing for one person, who would you choose & why?
There are so many things I would like to do. I would like to take away my son's worries and give him more confidence...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist