Tuesday, October 4, 2011

prolife is not my passion part 2

Last week, i posted one of those posts that sits in my drafts box for a week before i gather up the courage to press "publish".  i always worry that i'll misrepresent my heart - or that i'll choose my words badly, and hurt people in the process. 
There wasn't a flood of comments, but the ones that did come in were thoughtful and thought provoking.  You can read them HERE. 
What my sister steph posted near the end was what most resonated with me - & was perhaps more "what i meant" - in the original post. 

She said:
Pro- Life isn't just about abortion. It's family planning, teen STDs, divorce, fatherlessness, poverty, IVF, custody battles over embryos that are biologically the result of more than two DNA lines, immunization cultivated in a stew of materials resulting from abortion(to try to phrase it delicately). Abortion is the defining issue of our age, and we have lost, but that doesn't mean the tide can't turn and justice can reign one day for our culture just as it did for the black slaves, or the Jews at Auschwitz. I love this quote by Elizabeth Rundle Charles:

If I profess with the loudest voice and the clearest exposition, every portion of the truth of God except precisely that little point which the world and the devil are at that moment attacking, I am not confessing Christ, however boldly I may be professing Christianity. Where the battle rages, the loyalty of the soldier is proved; and to be steady on all the battlefield besides is mere flight and disgrace to him if he flinches at that one point."

Saying that prolife is the 'defining issue of our age'? - This is a sentiment i agree with. 
& that's why i'll keep plugging away - with whatever work He puts before me - praying for courage to speak truth and taking courage from my brothers and sisters who choose to do the same.   
Yeh, it's gonna look different for each one of us - but i'm going to cheer when i see God's people praying and fasting - listening - and taking action where they are able. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist