Friday, October 21, 2011
7 quick takes 2nd edition
1. When i need to 'talk through' a blog entry - or a blog comment... i phone one of my sisters. Sometimes i even ask them to post a follow up comment - to 'get my back' or to clarify something that i lack the ability to clarify. How lucky am i to have sisters like this? Very.
2. i spent some time this week reading "the other side"... it makes me sad to read stuff written by pro-choice advocates... i know they don't understand... & isn't it human nature to long to be understood? o God, go before us...
3. i'm going to get my eyes fixed. All of a sudden, i can't wear contacts anymore... Neil gave me the go ahead to take the plunge to get lasik. i'm excited and scared.
4. After 6 weeks of weekly chemo and higher doses of prednisone steroid, we were looking forward to my sweet, darling 5 year old niece only needing to go once every three weeks for the rest of the year. Then, they called my sister last week and told her they need to do the 6 week induction again. The location is just too sensitive (the pituitary). This was tough news to swallow, but we continue to pray.
5. My husband & i are planning a trip. Just the 2 of us. After 15 years of marriage, 7 babies and no time away - we are taking a rare opportunity. There are a million good reasons for the timing of this get away - & i'm grateful to God - who gives good gifts.
6. The OTHER blog takes a lot out of me. It is tears and agony to post - & i'm so grateful when i open up my inbox & someone has sent me something to put up. i have no doubt that our prayers - united with the prayers of fellow believers all across the world - are having an impact. i have been learning so much from those individuals around me. The fresh perspectives change me, and help clarify my thinking.
7. i liked THIS - but i wouldn't read it out loud to my littles... :)