Monday, May 31, 2010

not done yet...

i find that there is such a rush to be done...
to be done a pregnancy,
to be done breastfeeding,
to be done our "at home" days -
begin daycare & preschool,
to be done our childbearing years...
& i guess...
sometimes i do feel the pink creep into my cheeks when my two year old son wants mama's milk when he's sad... but my 30's thus far have been good to me... they've taught me that different doesn't always mean wrong... they've taught me to be gentle with myself, and with my little ones... they've taught me that the rush to be done - is an overrated thing.
i want to be more like Jesus - faithfully mothering my little brood - whether my adored one is home... or away. Not whiling away these precious days wishing his his work was done - & he could be home with us.
i want to cry, "Yes" when my Father offers or asks...
i want to keep my eyes firmly fixed on Him... rather than an imaginary finish line to freedom.
so...
Let the babies bake as long as they need,
Let my milk last a little longer,
Let my little ones' days unfold at home,
& let these blessed days stretch out luxuriously before me...

i'm so grateful that they're not done yet.

2 comments:

Lori-Dawn said...

Beautiful post! I'm reading a book called Amish Peace right now and it's soooo about this! Just enjoying the blessings all around us and not striving to get'er done! lol

Mindy said...

I love this. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist