Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Disobedient tears

My friend just had a baby the other day...
A teeny girl - after 2 bouncing boys.
So, being the awesome blog stalker that i am, i pressed refresh on her blog a hundred times till she updated with pics. & then i sat back in wonder at this glimpse of fresh life & felt tears sting my eyes...
Suddenly, a similar memory washed over me. i was in the delivery room, after an agonizing labour that climaxed with shoulder dystocia & the birth of what seemed to us, a huge baby (9lbs 1oz).
i still remember Neil's voice. Just the tiniest catch in it, "oh, Paige... It's a boy."
More tears... Blurry computer screen... sweet baby taking my breath away...
Then the phone rang. It was my sister - giving me an update on my niece who has been readmitted to the hospital for *more* tests. It seems like answers are finally almost within arms reach. Hearing my sis sound hopeful, grateful to God for His tender mercies & all momma-ish about her whole brood brought more tears.
Sometimes they just refuse to stay put, don't they...
Disobedient tears...


*note* "disobedient tears" - the 2 words that most poignantly moved me from Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I *so* get it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist