LD tagged me - & even though i find i'm horrible at these things, i tried...
1. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Wow, talk about starting off with a doozy... This is a tough question because i really feel like i have lacked nothing. i would love to have unity in my extended family.
2. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 6th 2008 Gage was born.
3. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Becoming a mama again. ~ Is that an "achievement"?
4. What was your biggest failure?
My "meal planning/scheduling" ideas... i am way too much of a 'fly by the seat of my pants' girl.
5. What was the best thing you bought?
My teeny angel pendants.
6. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Gage ~ he is an angelic baby.
7. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
"Appalled & depressed??!!" That's pretty harsh. ummm... i'm not too terribly impressed with the political leaders in our country this year... (or any other year in recent history...)
8. Where did most of your money go?
Um... living... food... shelter?
9. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Jason Upton 'i will wait for You'.
10. Compared to this time last year, are you
i. happier or sadder? If it's possible to be happier, i'm happier... but i doubt it. God has been so gentle & kind with me this whole year. As the author of The Shack said in his interview, "Joy is a constant companion".
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner ~ i was 9 months pregnant at this time last year!
iii. Richer or poorer? $$wise?? Probably richer - Neil's starting his new business, but it's not costing much to get it going, so we're about the same... Maybe we have a little more debt paid off.
11. What do you wish you'd done more of? i wish i would have spent more time outside... getting my heartrate up...
12. What do you wish you'd done less of? maybe less wishing, more doing?
13. What was your favorite TV program? The Office ~ or any other show that gets my husband to laugh out loud. i love that sound...
14. What was the best book you read? The Bible (sounds so pretentious... i don't mean it to...)
15. What was your favorite film of this year? Hmmm... we did not watch a lot of movies... Maybe Juno 'cause i cried?
16. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? eeeek! i must be getting old because i don't remember my birthday this year!! i turned 32 though... i think... heh heh
17. What kept you sane? My husband... he is the most grounded, practical person.
18. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hmm... i don't really know. Some of them really make me curious - but i haven't spent any time following them enough to know anything of worth about them... Angelina Jolie is one that comes to mind - because she has 6 children :) & because she has a reputation for caring for the needy...
19. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: i just asked Cairo what i learned & she looked at me & said, 'that 12 year old girls are amazing & fun?' yeh... that. :)
20. Word you said often enough that it should have been your catchphrase: Sloanie is my diaper helper... Whenever Gagey has a messy diaper, it has become habit to call out, "C'mon, poo-girl" & she comes running... i am a mean mom.
i tag Cairo.