Friday, December 12, 2008

New Years Resolution ~ Beauty

On a homeschool support list i'm on, last year, they did a resolution in a word ~ (i didn't, but i'm a slacker...)
Some of the words were: organization, clarity, trust...
So i know, it's a little early for resolutions, but i found one when i was reading my bible yesterday.
Beauty.
"Beauty should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."
and...
"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."
1 Peter 3:4 & 15
i want to be an arrow, constantly pointing to my Father, (or my bff as juanita calls Him in her post that is so worth reading...) i want to keep working on my reflexes ~ & keep giving up my natural selfish tendencies ~ for the beauty of selflessness.
It'll be a challenging year.

3 comments:

Juanita Rose said...

beauty...so resonates inside me...I just might join you on that "word for the year"...I didn't do it last year either!

Lori-Dawn said...

Yeah, me too...

Anonymous said...

Great post! Just stumbled in here somehow or another! Glad I did!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist