Tuesday, April 3, 2012

here i am to worship

i lead the music at our church sometimes...
Having to discipline myself to come to my piano - to work, to pray, to weep, to sing - to prepare to lead, has been a huge blessing to me.  Especially in these past months when my inclination might be to let silence reign.  The first notes & chords are often tentative - but then i find that i can't help but to be drawn in to sincere praise & worship of my King. 
Today - i'm getting this sore throat & i'm tired & neil's gone again... but i pulled out music - sifting, sorting, praising... & then i started to sing one old song.  & even now, i feel the tug in my very soul as i think about the words...

o... how i love Jesus...

& that's just what it comes down to isn't it? 
i love Him - because He's worthy...
& i believe that He loves me & has allowed nothing to separate us. 
Nothing. 
i love that scripture, "For i am convinced... that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

i'm His girl.

Resting in that today. 

2 comments:

Carol said...

amen! (hope your sore throat doesn't materialize into much)

Lesley said...

I wish you did the music at our church. Maybe it is time for the Beselt clan to visit Switzerland and perform at Lift International Church???? :-)))))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist