Wednesday, December 8, 2010

i wanna be fearless...

i like fearless people - full of confidence - easy laughter and purposeful steps.
i like to imagine that i'm one of them - but i'm not.
i remember being in grade 4. Our teacher gave us a math assignment to do in groups, and i was put in a group with several other children. i looked at the first problem, and timidly gave my answer. The boy beside me started laughing and mocking me, and with my cheeks flaming, i tried to take my answer back... "Oh, of course i'm wrong!! Sorry - yes, i'm so stupid..."
But as it turned out, i wasn't wrong... i was right...
and it's funny - how quickly i wanted to take my right answer back - and exchange it for whatever he told me to write down...
i didn't want to be wrong all by myself.
& sometimes i find - i don't want to be right all by myself either...

4 comments:

deborah said...

I, too, admire confident people. As I get older, I find I am much more confident in certain areas and much less in other areas.

I must say though, Paige, I so admire your confidence (& ability) to lead worship - I cringe at the thought of even ornamentally standing on stage
and, among other things, I admire your confidence to homeschool a whole a brood of kids...I'm still trying to find my confidence in hsing one!

Lori-Dawn said...

Me too...word for word what Deborah said!! the thought of standing up on a stage in front of people has me in freak out mode...LOL My face turns red and I can't do anything about it...lol

paige said...

Ha - i don't think about being in front of people until i have to say words... music's different somehow...
and there is no confidence in homeschooling - it's one the things i lie awake at night hoping and praying i won't screw it up too badly... and yet - i have this peace that this is where i'm supposed to be... i wonder why God likes me to feel so uncomfortable?? :)

fawne said...

maybe He likes you to feel uncomfortable cause it keeps you depending on Him constantly. not a bad place to be eh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist