1. When i spot grammatical errors on my blog after it has already been up for a long time, my cheeks burn & my heart beats really fast. It's totally embarrassing & seems to be happening with increasing frequency these days. Am i getting dumber? Or am i not proof reading like i should? Dunno - regardless, forgive me. i hate reading stuff that's full of horrible spelling & grammar & i bet you do too.
2. Y'know, i'm still doing 15 on Friday. Sometimes i don't know why... but i don't feel completely 'released' from it yet. The prayer part is... interesting. i don't know if i'm learning or if i'm just banging my head on a brick wall. Some days all i feel is exquisite rejection & i feel like i could just peel off my skin... in great slabs of ugly flesh... until i would become just bones, naked and so utterly unlovable... & yet, i can't stop proclaiming HIS GREAT LOVE... It's the great juxtaposition between how i feel & what i know to be true. God help me.
3. Speaking of prayer... the other day in one of those moments that happens a million times, but this time it happened to catch like a little burr in my mind... we were praying during our morning school. Mollen was grouchy for whatever reason & she kind of scowled as she sharply prayed, "Dear Heavenly Father..." thick resentment in her voice..." Give us a good day. Amen."
Then someone else prayed... & then someone else... & then suddenly i heard her little soprano, softened, beseeching the throne-room again, "God? Thank you for my family. Could you help me to have a better attitude?"
Oh, Holy Spirit... faithfully meet with us. Challenge us when we allow bitterness to take root. i'm so grateful for the opportunity to come before my Father with my little ones. These are precious moments in these crazy fast years...
4. Neil and the road are best friends. Vancouver, Toronto, Chicago, Winnipeg... oh, baby... come home to me. After only being home for 10 days total in January... i hoarded every one of the 13 days he was home in February. i'm glad that his trips usually aren't long - & that he usually finds his way home for the weekends... i might nail his shoes to the floor soon though...
5. At the time of the writing of #5 on this volume of 7 quick takes, this post has taken me three weeks to write. We'll see if i ever get all the way to seven.
6. For number six of the seven quick takes, i offer you the text i sent to my sister the other day: "Ephraim found a little piece of brownie in my bra when i nursed him. There *are* some pleasant surprises in life after all."
7. And, an email conversation copied verbatim from my most recent emails with my halftime husband:
me: Do you think of me during the day when you're working, or are you just too busy? i've thought of you a freaking ton today... Maybe i should be working harder...
neil: All the time. It is crazy.
me: For reals? Or are you smirking?
me: your friend brad scared the crap out of me today when i was driving. Bad. i miss you. Cai is making supper tonight. Her own version of roast beef. She's adorable. i adore you.
ps. Did you mean yes for reals, or yes smirking?
neil: All of the above.
(ps - leave me a comment. i'm lonely.)