1. Woaaahhhhh - all this craziness with the education act in Alberta is a little overwhelming. If you want a glimpse into the current leadership of our province, take a look at THIS article. i have been tweeting with the minister of education - (who is so dismissive of the concerns that parents have regarding co-parenting with the government). (You can follow me at @neillvspaige). We're running out of time. If this concerns you (i don't care where you live) - there is a call to action HERE. Honestly? i haven't been all that interested in provincial politics since... ever... but when they start coming between a mama bear & her cubs, they're going to run into trouble.
2. My poor exhausted man. i miss him. That's all.
3. i'm playing for 2 of Cai's gigs this week. Um... i didn't realize how *awesome* her group is. Honestly - if you're organizing any kind of a function in the Calgary area, & need fabulous entertainment, you've got to contact the Bow Valley Fiddlers (or the Calgary fiddlers). i did ok... barely keeping up - (they FLY through those tunes!) - but my girl? MY girl? She's got a grin on her face and a flush in her cheeks. Kind of amazes me how good she's getting.
4. Did i just whine about politics in my #1 spot? That's too bad, i'll make up for it by cheering for a political hero in my #4 spot. Here in Canada, there is *no* legal protection for the unborn (until the baby has fully emerged alive from the mother). Our Prime Minister has stated again and again that he's unwilling to re-open the abortion debate & doesn't want to change the status quo of abortion in Canada (currently - no laws - no legal restrictions, tax payer funded and no parental notification in the case of minors). Finally, a politician has stepped forward & said, "Hey, can we at least discuss what a 'fetus' is? Is this a person? Is there any new scientific information that we've gathered in the past 400 years since the definition we use was put into practice?" His name is Stephen Woodworth & if you want to read about his motion, you can do so HERE.
5. i'm not posting here as much lately because i have a lot of funny things on my mind that i'm working through. A teeny desert to pass through, so to speak. But - if you miss me, i'm blogging like crazy over HERE. & it's totally a labour of love 'cause i'm running on empty these days. Tomorrow, (Saturday) - i will post my favourite day from this spring's vigil... it happened this past Wednesday. You should come back & check it out :)
6. There's a lady from my church who i asked to pray for me during the 40 Days... A few people had offered to pray for me & so i sent them my requests 'cause if people are gonna pray, *i accept*. Anyway - this lady is someone who i approached & asked her if she would please pray for me. She said yes. Since the 40 Days began, she sends me texts every couple of days - with a scripture that she's picked out, a blessing for my children, an encouragement to press on in motherhood, a prayer of protection over my passion for the unborn, a prayer for me and my man - to grow in God so that we can grow also in our marriage. i'm crying as i type this... Her prayers have been like warm rain. i know that God has been hearing her prayers for me - & i feel His gentle protection & i can't explain how grateful i feel for her consistent obedience to Him.
7. i started this post thinking i didn't have very much to say... apparently i was wrong. As i type this, my littlest boy is snuggled into the bed at my side. Mollen just told me that she's only pages away from the end of her current chapter book and Gage has snuggled into her bed - rather than feeling lonely in his own tiny spot. The big girls made me popcorn & it's sitting in the hallway since they didn't want to bring it to me when the boys were still awake. Our day is winding to it's close. i grabbed a few yawning sentences from my man on the phone from Toronto before he had to go finish up work for the night as he's got another early day tomorrow...
This life is so full. It's so full of sweetness, sorrow - the give & take that comes with every breath of life. i'm so grateful to be here... now...