1. There are quite a few unkind people in the world... & many of them are on twitter. :)
2. Life is way too short to take offence at unkind people. They're broken & hurting too. Be gracious & gentle - even when others aren't. (wwjd?)
3. When people don't know how to respond to you - or they don't understand you - they'll often insult you.
4. This doesn't mean you're wrong.
5. Be humble. (it's true - i have only have 2 years of music school from a community college post secondary... it's not much. & yes... i have in the past & will likely in the future, make mistakes that would allow me to earn the label, "ignorant fool"... i don't need to fight every insult.)
6. But don't allow your *smallness* or lack of education keep you from speaking what truth you do know or have learned. Our world desperately needs every who down in whoville... kwim?
8. Often those most guilty of elitism have the weakest arguments. Worry only about truth - look for it, be shaped by it, share it... even if you're dismissed because you're nothing but a stay at home mama.
9. When you're too tender, take a step back - or choose not to step in. We're only human... & twitter is the most optional thing in the universe. :)
10. You're not going to change everyone's mind (or anyone's?) One piece of advice i was given about prolife discussions is that it's most often the people observing the conversation (or debate) that are changed by it rather than the people doing the talking... Truth sticks in our mind like little barbs... We need to keep putting pieces of truth out there - in our homes, in our congregations, with our friends & family; gently & with humility. Daily speaking counter cultural truth will have a vast impact over the course of many years...
11. Finally... i'm learning that i still have so much to learn. Tone and meaning are so often misunderstood when you're communicating with strangers in blips of 140 characters or less... i want to get better at it.