seven ways it's better when he's here:
1. i'm a different girl. i'm more confident & carefree when he's home. Personal growth stinks sometimes... i'd sometimes choose not to grow, but to just have him close. (i can grow when he's here too, can't i God?) Ok, i'd probably always choose that... but that's why it's cool that i have no choice. (Working on a blogpost on that for next week...)
2. i go to bed at a reasonable time when he's here. When he's gone, i stay up way too late *thinking*. Wrong choice. Sleep rules. i need more of it.
3. He brings the fun. He initiates every trip we ever go on, he is the one who plays hardest in the swimming pool & he's the one who takes them skiing.
4. We're way less likely to get outta control when the noise police is in town. He's also the tidy police & the "GET IN BED IT'S WAY PAST YOUR BEDTIME" police. Sometimes it's nice to have the po-po in town - order in chaos? Underrated.
5. He's warm. i use him to regulate my temperature. To be fair, i cool him off with my ice cube feet - so we're probably even on that score, right?
6. i shower way less frequently when he's out of town. i'm cool with that, but the rest of my family might appreciate the personal hygiene that i choose to initiate when papa's around.
7. i like him. He smells good. He's nice to look at.
ps - looking for coming home theme songs... :) Got any suggestions? It's kind of fun to blast coming home songs at the end of the travelling week... (& i think i can do better than the Ozzy Osbourne song i referred to in the title... it's a little depressing :) even though i secretly love it because Neil will sometimes call & sing, "Cause mama, mama i'm comin' hoooommee..."