Friday, March 28, 2014

mighty - 5 minute Friday


Sloan is participating in 5 minute Fridays, hosted by Lisa-Jo Baker, so I decided to join her today. 5 minutes is just a teeny tiny snippet of time.  Today's word was *mighty*.

Go

How can a song be mighty?
I listen and can feel the heave in my chest - as irresistible as the pull of the tide... 
Tender lyric, gentle melody...
Strains that give my mind wings to soar past my circumstances, broadening my understanding, making me grow...
And the mighty, soulful melody brings me to my knees, evokes emotion, my legs and my arms moving - my mind alert, anticipating...
I feel a babyish gurgle of laughter bubble up... music coaxes my joy, invites me to praise...
And it's such a sweet vehicle - these sounds that paired together with rhythm and patterns and harmonies - that is mighty enough to transport me where otherwise I might have struggled to go.

Stop

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stopping by from FMF - I had to reference a song today too! I am straining my imagination to figure out the song that is mighty in your post. I have all sorts of things going through my mind. I went obvious - Hillsong! So glad your participated today. Loved the cadence of your words.

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist