Saturday, July 26, 2008




There is something so powerful about watching someone you love, love your children.


i got home yesterday at 3am from my sisters house in Hinton.


She has 7 children & like us, is pretty far from extended family. It felt so good to hold her children & watch her hold mine. We laughed as we compared strengths, weaknesses, personalities & physical similarities... The littles couldn't get enough of each other & the night hawks visited way too late.


i think i am one of the luckiest people in the world because of the sisters God gave me. People think it must be mayhem when we all get together because of the mass of children, & yes, at times it's busy ~ but as they've gotten older & the bigger ones help with the little ones, sometimes the adults feel like gleeful spectators watching a beautiful work of art unfold in front of our eyes. When i get home from a visit with my sisters, i feel like i just ate one of my mom's famous sunday afternoon roast beef dinners.


mmmm... full....



2 comments:

Jen said...

That's so great! I would love to see a big group pic with your WHOLE family. A sea of blonde I would imagine :) Is there any of the cousins that don't have blonde hair?

Anonymous said...

I must admit, I do envy a bit how similar in lifestyles you and your sisters are! I feel lonely in my own family of brothers and sisters..lol, blood and love seems to be the only common ground! lol
I loved the picture of you all! It needs blown up though so I can see all the beautiful faces!
LD

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist